I guess since it's getting closer to the holidays I'm missing home just a little bit more. I've noticed that I've started making things for James and Tyler that remind me of home. Last week I made them pie dough cookies (something they've never had and they LOVED them!!!). This morning for breakfast I made them swedish pancakes. Tyler ate the fruit off of them more than the actual pancakes but again...they both loved it, and so did I!! James has started this new thing where at night time right before he falls asleep he wants me to sing to him. He started this a couple of nights ago and I honestly love it! He sings with me and it is so sweet! We sing I See the Moon, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Popcorn Popping (he knows that one from nursery), I am A Child of God, and then I try and practice his ABC's. So we'll sing the ABC song. I don't know where he learned this from but he tries to do the sign language along with the ABC song. I think he learned it from Parents Day Out. He LOVES PDO now that he has a new teacher. She is a really nice lady. Something that I didn't know they did until recently is right before they have a snack or eat lunch they sing a prayer. It's really cute and it's funny that he knows it. At first I was a little worried that he would get confused about prayer, but so far it's been fine. I'm pretty sure he just sees it as a song that they sing. It goes "Heavenly Father, Heavenly Father, hear our prayer. Hear our prayer. Thank you for our blessings, thank you for our blessings, Amen. Amen." I've also noticed that he'll come home with pictures that are a little bit more religious. I'm pretty sure they don't actually really teach him anything, and if they do it's just the basics (about Jesus, bible stories, etc.) which is fine with me. Anyways, Matt and I watched Seven Years in Tibet last night while folding laundry (I have the best husband). :) It was REALLY good!!! I was surprised.
Well, I hope everyone's doing well and will post stuff so I can read about you!!!!
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment